i have a lot of favorites when it comes to houses in l.a. having said that, this is one of my favorites. which shouldn’t demean the idea of a ‘favorite’. i mean, isn’t it better to be liberal with labeling things ‘favorites’ rather than stingy with approval and appreciation? or maybe i’m just lazy and i need a better word than favorite.
i want to find out more about this house, but here’s what i know:
- it was built in the 20’s.
- it’s almost completely hidden by vines and trees and plants and more vines.
- the rolling stones stayed here when they were finishing ‘exile on main street’.
- marilyn manson lived here for a while.
- lots of other people have lived here.
- it’s built around a very tall central spiral staircase.
- it probably has a storied (no pun intended) past, but i don’t know anything more than what i’ve written here.
i mean, i assume that in the 20’s and 30’s it was home to odd and debauched early movie stars, but that’s only an assumption on my part. an assumption with empirical support, as almost every house in hollywood has been home to odd and debauched movie stars (including my own, thank you very much).
also i’m continually amazed that overgrown estates like this are literally 3 minutes from grimy crumbly hollywood. all of the odd and interesting stuff in l.a is, to a large extent, hidden.
437 Notes/ Hide
- antonelliema likes this
- krazyk01 likes this
- redlore likes this
- solodh likes this
- grischa-bernstein reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- love-hate-run reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- morstonmax likes this
- mayhugh reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- nicolliu likes this
- thedaveandjarrodshow reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- gildabuchaillot likes this
- delectabletremors likes this
- ladyofthedreadfort likes this
- whatcolorareyouwearing likes this
- thisgurrlistrue likes this
- thisgurrlistrue reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- damiandimock likes this
- crushedperfect4us likes this
- i-crushedmyqueen1-universe likes this
- restlessmuffy5 likes this
- gigglykitten3 likes this
- mega-amusedsmiles4-blog likes this
- crappyrose513 likes this
- lazymyworld36 likes this
- anxiousdewdrop993 likes this
- pissedsunny9universe likes this
- hopefulchick720 likes this
- gosatisfiedlove4 likes this
- nostalgicdummy2 likes this
- kastiakbc likes this
- hungryzany18 likes this
- lazycuddly7 likes this
- lazydork8159 likes this
- batrejecteddork9 likes this
- giddybumpkin48 likes this
- amusedlambkin45 likes this
- sickkiller26 likes this
- tiredpinky5me likes this
- herbnyard reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- herbnyard likes this
- nostalgicbubby751 likes this
- sillyjujube879 likes this
- dangerously-beautiful79 reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture and added:
- upbeatview likes this
- quixoticducky1-posts likes this
- crushedhotlips863 likes this
- linglengleng likes this
- nauseateddear5 likes this
- prettydarling75 likes this
- lovedsaeedi9472 likes this