i just got back from weekend 2 at coachella.
and it was great.
i could indulge in hyperbole, but really, it was great.
i could also make more of an effort to expand my lexicon of adjectives.
but until then i’ll make do with: great.
on saturday morning i woke up early (one of the accidental benefits of not being hungover) and took a drive out to the salton sea.
now, the salton sea is one of the most remarkable, wrong, beautiful, apocalyptic, baffling, compelling places in california, the united states, the northern hemisphere, and possibly (see aforementioned hyperbole), the world.
it’s just so odd and wrong and amazing.
the beaches are made up of crusty animal and fish and crustacean bones.
the water is brown-ish and filled with dead things.
and a majority of the land surrounding the salton sea is abandoned and empty and apocalyptic (baking in 100 degree heat for most of the year certainly makes everything seem even emptier and more apocalyptic).
here’s some information on the salton sea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salton_Sea
while there i took a bunch of pictures, but i’m including these, of an abandoned gas station and video store (maybe, i say as a southern californian eco hippie, gas stations will someday seem as antiquated and out of date as video stores? yes, you can roll your eyes. but it’s still a nice idea. says the hippie. with no hair). i especially love the stark and boxy utilitarianism of the gas station. throw in some sheets of glass and you could have an empty and apocalyptic glass house or farnsworth house.
if you were at either coachella weekend: i hope you had a great time, and thanks for letting me dj.
215 Notes/ Hide
- deathspersecond likes this
- fiinch reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- rustviews likes this
- suprvillain reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- theresafeverinmyheart reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- pro-to-col likes this
- t-me-t-w-sandwich reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- jaimegarciarquitecto likes this
- whatisaurlidonthaveone likes this
- voyages-voyages likes this
- littlelondonphotographer likes this
- urbanconceptsk likes this
- hugues-l likes this
- jwdiii reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture and added:
- welbervaz reblogged this from metalicr
- wwwanderlust reblogged this from clockback
- wwwanderlust likes this
- motherofquincy reblogged this from nine43
- syntheticorder likes this
- nine43 reblogged this from clockback
- braingear likes this
- clockback reblogged this from eternalgoodness
- clockback likes this
- eternalgoodness reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- erctusu likes this
- memoryf likes this
- capturedbysam likes this
- stefidraws likes this
- mrmagnusjonsson reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- mrmagnusjonsson likes this
- designisthemovement reblogged this from infinite-depth
- mycreativevoid likes this
- alexanderag likes this
- emilydotcom reblogged this from infinite-depth
- emilydotcom likes this
- infinite-depth reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- infinite-depth likes this
- gdsarts likes this
- pyrolyze reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- robpadley likes this
- paddlegirl11 likes this
- mel-men likes this
- uhleeshah reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- michaelrocchio likes this
- lavated likes this
- gameazoid reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- gameazoid likes this
- totallycritical likes this
- anyoneseenmy likes this