ok, in my limited wisdom i’ve decided that these rocks can somehow be considered as architecture. my criteria being: people have used them for thousands of years as places to hide or sleep or eat or make star trek episodes.
so, thus: architecture. even if they were built by tectonic forces a very long time ago and not by swiss guys in prada glasses. (which, of course, is not to malign either tectonic forces or swiss guys in prada glasses).
these are vasquez rocks, named after an outlaw who used to hide out in the then unnamed rocks to evade the law. i’m guessing, by way of deduction, that his name was mr. vasquez.
i’m also including them because:
- they were immortalized in an episode of star trek wherein kirk battled a lizard creature for the entertainment of higher beings (and me, and you, probably)
- they are in los angeles and i don’t know of too many other cities where you can drive for 30 minutes and find yourself in the middle of the desert surrounded by crazy gigantic jagged rocks that have been immortalized in/by star trek.
yes, door to door it took me 35 minutes to get to vasquez rocks.
granted there was no traffic, which is rare.
and granted i probably drive a few too many miles over the legally posted speed limit.
but so does everyone, so i just see it as me partaking in massive and unintentional civil disobedience.
en route to giant rocks.
and no, i didn’t try to build a cannon using sulfur in order to vanquish the lizard creature foe.
mainly cos there wasn’t any sulfur.
nerds know of what i speak.
74 Notes/ Hide
- hj-photographs likes this
- inmytrousers likes this
- robertotres likes this
- intheclearing reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- chuckvideo likes this
- mariaeugeniabp reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- mariaeugeniabp likes this
- minnowfishcakes likes this
- andredemeurs likes this
- tumblerfrommarlette likes this
- intershapes likes this
- derangedbutterfly likes this
- gogadget46 likes this
- photogmarie likes this
- mobilelene likes this
- thesemytwistedwords likes this
- alikat92 reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- apeflavored likes this
- level3flow likes this
- warrenalanyoung likes this
- bluelotuschemist likes this
- prashious likes this
- osiflandia reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture and added:
- jun198925uu likes this
- randomams likes this
- astrosurf reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- sounddefender likes this
- monkeystewart likes this
- manniak likes this
- granthastime reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- granthastime likes this
- trmulvaney likes this
- polyvinylfilms likes this
- markbringelson reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- rrescueta reblogged this from mobylosangelesarchitecture
- rrescueta likes this
- cuba1957 likes this
- cmacdraw likes this
- anamwob likes this
- mel-men likes this
- drunken-soberness likes this
- seanbaello likes this
- teenagewildlife likes this
- anjolielanel likes this
- uuuggghhhhh likes this
- mcanna likes this
- z4kiter likes this
- fuckingmultiverse likes this
- taylordonsker likes this